Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ‘crackpot’ than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost. — Thomas J. Watson
Have you ever wondered why things are evolving the way they are? There is a simple answer but before I get to it I want to explore some issues that are happening in our country today and start by asking some basic questions. I want to make these open-ended so that you may answer them as you see fit, not as I see it.
|Travel anywhere in the world and you will see what we grew up believing about America is still true: despite the huge changes that have taken place, this is still…|
There are some numbers that recently came to light which in the large scheme of things are important, important to each of us. Currently, today approximately 35 percent, if not more, of American households are receiving welfare or some other type of government handout. Now in the course of full disclosure I myself receive a small military pension, having served 20 years on active duty with the U.S. Navy. I retired with 50 percent of my base pay which sounds like a lot but remember I retired over 20 years ago. The pay system was a lot less than it is today.
So a basic question is: Do I deserve my government retirement check? I believe I do and here is why: I worked for my retirement. I sacrificed for my retirement. I put my life on the line for my retirement.
Which rises another quesiton: Are welfare recipients putting their life on the line to receive their welfare check?
In 1996, or there about, Bill Clinton signed into law a change in the way welfare works. Now that law has been undone by the current administration. My question is why?
This leads to the following questions:
- Why are more people receiving government handouts today than at any time in our history?
- Are these handouts for the good of the people or for the benefit of the politician?
- What do politicians gain when they encourage laziness and discourage self-reliance?
- Are we now a nation of “give me because I deserve it” or a nation of risk-takers?
- What exactly is meant when the leader of our nation declares to individuals, individuals who took risks to build something, what is meant by “you didn’t build that?”
Changing topics a little:
- Who or what is responsible for violence in the country today; criminals or guns?
- Why do politicians want to deny you the right to protect yourself and your family?
- Why does the United Nations want to, and what gives them the right, to infringe upon your second amendment rights to own a gun?
- Why is the standard 100 watt light bulb banned? Did it commit a crime of passion or become the scapegoat of a lie?
Chick-fil-A is now under attack because the owner of this family business dared to voice support for traditional marriage. My question now is, is free speech only for one class of Americans and all others be damned?
|In Divine Dialogue, Ron Roth crosses cultures, eras, and denominations as he takes you on a journey to the essence of prayer.|
Which leads to other questions:
- When did traditional values become a crime?
- Why do politicians support only one class of people and try to destroy others?
- Why do politicians want to deny freedom of religion and Christianity in particular?
- Why does Washington want you to abandon your religious freedom in order to keep your business and livelihood?
- Why do politicians want to destroy war memorials with a cross attached to it?
- Why do politicians insist on destroying America?
- Why do politicians support depravity?
- Why do politicians want to control your life?
- Why do you let others dictate your right to speak out against tyranny?
- Why do you let politicians dictate your life?
- Why do you accept mediocrity in your life?
- Is your life full of happiness and love or misery and despair?
- You do have a choice, what is yours?
If you wish to be totally miserable and live in Despairville then read, and take to heart the following, courtesy of the Gospel Herald (the title says it all):
HOW TO BE PERFECTLY MISERABLE.
- Think about yourself.
- Talk about yourself.
- Use “I” as often as possible.
- Mirror yourself continually in the opinion of others.
- Listen greedily to what people say about you.
- Expect to be appreciated.
- Be suspicious.
- Be jealous and envious.
- Be sensitive to slights.
- Never forgive a criticism.
- Trust no one but yourself.
- Insist on consideration and respect.
- Demand agreement with your own views on everything.
- Sulk if people are not grateful to you for favors shown them.
- Never forget a service you may have rendered.
- Be on the lookout for a good time for yourself.
- Shirk your duties if you can.
- Do as little as possible for others.
- Love yourself supremely.
- Be selfish.
This recipe is guaranteed to be infallible. — Gospel Herald.
Thus we have America of the new century, an America of “give me because I deserve it” which is encouraged and motivated by both the main stream media and politicians of all stripes.
Then we have the politicians that say we need to work together to find solutions. Really? Since when? Definitely not in the last 20 years or so. Thus I think it’s hysterical when I hear these politicians say the President should work with Congress to do this or that. Most politicians still refuse to believe, and fail to comprehend that policies set forth by this Administration and the Democrat Congress is the root cause of our problems. Hence I can reach no other conclusion than the destruction of the United States is the ultimate goal of these politicians, supported of course by the main stream media.
So where does that leave us, the everyday people, the individual? Well for starters most people don’t give a damn about what is happening to the country. If they did there would be screaming from the bell towers. Of course their voices could be silenced by the prejudice of the main stream media. They are after all totally anti-America. Don’t ask me why, I just look at their writings and their actions to make my determination.
Still many of us are worried about our country. Liberals say there is nothing to worry about. Really? So the destruction of individual liberty and freedom is not under attack? Not according to the liberal mindset. So what about religious freedom? Not to worry liberals say. Tell that to Chick-fil-A.
What happens to the man in Oregon who captures rainwater for his own use but is now facing prison time for doing it? What about the Colorado family who owns a small business and is now told by the federal government either abandon their religious beliefs or forfeit their business. It’s called Obamacare, and fortunately as of this writing the courts have ruled in favor of the business. But for how long?
Then we have a President who with the stroke of a pen destroys thousands of jobs because the jobs in question do not fall in line with the liberal mantra. Perhaps you have heard of it, the “Roll-Your-Own” cigarette business, now defunct because of Presidential order.
Or how about the demonization from ABC News of the Tea Party just hours after the Aurora shooting, blaming an innocent man for the attack. All because a man with same name as the evil entity, is a member of the Tea Party. What ever happened to professional reporting? Oh wait, that went out with traditional marriage and came in with liberalism.
Finally, what about the National Memorial in San Diego, which is constantly under attack because a cross marks the spot. What happens to the respect and dignity of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country? Do they not deserve the ultimate symbol of sacrifice? Not according to the ACLU and liberals everywhere. And the liberals say religious freedom is not under attack. Think again.
I don’t have the answers but I do have a lot more questions. Yet there is one thing I do know, a truth which cannot be hidden… Everything that happens today in politics is cumulative. People remember, and they remark on these elements in blog comments and around the kitchen table.
From mayors of cities who deny business opportunities because of personal beliefs to the President who declares “You didn’t build that,” these politicians will face the voters one day. But not only the Democrats, the Republicans shall also face the wrath of the voter, because they didn’t stand up to the tyranny and evil that liberals, Democrats, and the main stream media create for the population. In fact Republicans will inherit the worse of the wrath because they turn and run instead of fighting for freedom and liberty.
I mentioned at the top of this post that there is a simple answer to all the questions I have posed and I’m prepared to give you that answer now, because it is actually a universal law that no one can ever break, ever. And the answer is:
Every action has a consequence.
This is the one fundamental politicians and liberals everywhere tend to forget, and they do so at their own peril.
People remember events, and when they do they vote, and the ballot box is still the ultimate weapon, no matter how hard Democrats and liberals try to stuff it in their favor and how fearful the Republicans cower.